CE CREDITS: 8
COURSE FEE: $4,900
TIME: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
INSTRUCTORS: Tirakhsh Emadi, DDS, MS and Athena Goodarzi, MS, DDS
This course will help general dentists and specialists to learn how they can fabricate provisional and definitive prostheses in a fast and predictable way by using a digital method. They will also acquire the skill to use digital scanner and photogrammetry by practicing it in the course.
Teaching method: Lecture, Hands-on
Attendees will learn:
The fundamental concepts of digital workflow;
What should be considered prior to surgery to have a successful prosthetic outcome;
Advantages and disadvantages of the treatment;
- Using an intraoral digital scanner and photogrammetry;
Dr. Emadi is a specialized implant-prosthodontic surgeon practicing in Long Beach, Ca. He received his D.D.S. (Doctor of Dental Surgery) degree in 2009 from Tehran Azad University of Dentistry, Tehran, IRAN. Dr. Emadi practiced general dentistry for several years. He was a prosthodontics preceptor at the University of California, San Francisco before he entered Nova Southeastern University College of Dental Medicine in Ft Lauderdale, FL where he received his specialty certificate in Prosthodontics as well as Master of Science in Dentistry. Dr. Emadi was serving as a Chief Resident during his residency. He was honored with the dental implant surgery award at the end of his residency. Dr. Emadi completed the Maxicourse dental implant education in the American Academy of Implant Dentistry. He also excels in digital dentistry.
Dr. Emadi is very passionate in practicing and teaching on full mouth dental implant rehabilitation as well as doing research. He had more than twenty-five presentations in different dental meetings and several publications. His presentation in 70th AAID annual conference received first-place award. He also received a second-place award in 29th Academy of Osseointegration Annual Meeting.
Dr. Emadi is an active member of American Dental Association (ADA),
California Dental Association (CDA), Harbor Dental Society (HDS), American
Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID), Academy of Osseointegration (AO) and
he is a member of Young Clinician Committee in AO.
• Post-graduate Prosthodontics, Chief resident, 2019
• Master of Science in Dentistry (MSCDM), 2019
• Prosthodontics Preceptor at UCSF, School of Dentistry, 2015
• Tehran Azad University of Dentistry, D.D.S in Dentistry, 2009
• Certified for IV Sedation, BLS, ACLS
• Osseodensification Concept for Implant Surgeries, Versah
• CAD/CAM digital dentistry CEREC OmniCam and BlueCam, 3shape TRIOS, 2017
HONOR & PRIZE:
• First place award on table clinic presentation at 2021 AAID annual meeting
• 2019 NSU Prosthodontics Dental Implant Surgery Award
• Certificate of Appreciation of Excellent and Continuing Service to U.S Veterans.
• Second Place Award in Case Presentation Competition 29th Academy of Osseointegration Annual Meeting
ABOUT: Dr. Athena Goodarzi
Dr. Athena graduated from The University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine, one of the top dental programs in the nation. She completed her residency at the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Columbia University, New York City.
Dr. Athena’s area of expertise is full mouth rehabilitation through the All On X Dental Implants Solution. She also excels in full arch digital workflow. Dr. Athena strives for excellence and is passionate about utilizing her research and academic teaching background to share her unique skills in full mouth rehabilitation with colleagues, whom she mentors across the nation.
Dr. Athena has presented on the topic of full arch at the annual meeting of American College of Prosthodontists (ACP). She is a member of Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID) and Academy of Osseointegration (AO).
• M.S. in Biology with concentration in Neurobiology from California State University, Fresno, 2012
• D.D.S. From University at Buffalo, School of Dental Medicine, 2017
• Post- Doctoral Residency: College of Physicians & Surgeons of Columbia University, New York City.
• Teaching Associate: California State University, Fresno; Department of Biology, 2010- 2012
• Teaching Assistant: University at Buffalo, School of Dental Medicine; Department of Prosthodontics, 2016- 2017
Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, 2018
• Loss of Tooth Structure Associated with Preparation for CAD-CAM Full Coverage